All color Gakushu Kanji Shinjiten is a monolingual kanji dictionary for Japanese children. However, it can be also used by Japanese language learners with a N3 or above level.
This dictionary includes 1026 kanji, which are the ones that Japanese children learn in elementary school. Kanjis have been ordered by school year, hence, this dictionary includes 6 sections.
Each kanji includes the following information:
- On-yomi and kun-yomi readings.
- Number of strokes and a guide of how each kanji must be written.
- Illustrations with examples that contextualize each kanji.
- The most important words of each kanji.
- Meaning in English.
- An explanation written in Japanese of the origin of each kanji. All texts include furigana.
At the end of the dictionary there are a series of index with all kanji ordered.
Since this book is for Japanese children, its design has been very carefully made.
This dictionary has a similar approach to kanji than Hajimete Tsukau kanji Jiten or New Rainbow kanji dictionary from Gakken publishers.