An illustrated dictionary with Kanjis that are used in everyday life.
The main purpose of this book is to help students understand how the Japanese writing system works - with no previous knowledge of the language required. It includes an introduction to the origin of kanjis and syllabaries as well as illustrated explanations of the most common kanjis etc.
The text is in English.
- Brief introduction to the history of kanji and kana
- The composition of the kanji
- The hiragana and katakana syllabaries and their rules
- Calligraphy styles
- Numbers and units
- Explanations on on and kun reading
- Compound words or Jukugo and its rules
- Kanjis that express basic concepts
- Everyday kanjis
- Food-related kanjis
- Culture-related kanjis
The ideal gift idea for kanji lovers.