Sixth volume in original version in Japanese (includes furiganas) from the Shingeki no Kyojin manga.
Shingeki no Kyojin ( 進撃の巨人 Attack on Titan), is a manga from the shonen gender written by Hajime Isayama. Its first edition was on October 10th 2009 in the Bessatsu Shonen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha, through the honorific mention prize, Magazine Grand Prinx (MGP).
The story happens in a fictitious past based on Middle Ages, in which humanity was almost exterminated by the sudden appearence of humanoid beings, kown as Titans. Huge size creatures, with human shape and apparently little intellingence, that eat humans. Due to the size of the Titans, 3 to 15 meters of height, humanity was devoured without contemplation. However, a small group of humans could survive inside an enormous walled enclosure, protected by 50 meters walls, triple the size of the tallest Titans registered so far.
107 years later, humanity lives in peace inside the walls and haven’t seen Titan attacks in this whole time. Until, the young Eren Jaeger and his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman, witness how a Titan taller than the wall, known afterwards as the Colossal Titan, suddenly appears, making a hole through the outer walls, which allows the entrance of a great number of smaller size Titans.
Both kids witness with horror how their mother is devoured by one of them. After having survived the attack, Eren swears he will eliminate all Titans, in vengeance of her mother.
• Year 738: In this year the emergence of Titans is confirmed, causing the annihilation of more than half of humanity.
• Year 745: The human race survives by building three walls called: Maria, Rose and Shina. The Titans are unable to penetrate the giant walls, and the population is able to enjoy survival for 100 years in peace.
• Year 845: The Colossal Titan, a gigantic kind of Titan, approximately 70 meters tall, suddenly appears and destroys part of the Wall Maria with a kick, allowing smaller Titans invade the human territory inside the walls causing irrefutable losses.
• Year 846: The human population begins a military attack to take up the Wall Maria, during which the suffer massive live losses. However, in this period a lot of information is obtained regarding how to exterminate the Titans.
• Year 847: Eren, Mikasa and Armin start their military training, passing the final test with a lot of struggle.
• Year 850: The present time, 5 years after the last attack. Humanity starts a counter attack in which, Eren with his squad, fight to avoid human extinction, however, after a short peaceful period, the Titans came back to attack, causing more human losses.